Everything and everyone has had to pivot this year and the OAB is no different. In lieu of the annual conference, the Ontario Association of Broadcasters has provided free webinars to it’s membership to support staff through the pandemic.
The first webinar held was Ask the Expert: Leading Through COVID-19 and featured Dr. Cohen from Morneau Shepell who shared how leaders can lead their teams successfully through the pandemic.
Topics covered included:
- Staying healthy and resilient as a leader
- The key technique for positive thinking and effectively managing worries
- Key communication tips and techniques for team engagement
- Leading effectively with compassion and empathy – building trust
- The 4 key steps in supportive coaching
- Effectively building a bridge to help when team members are struggling
- Best practices for coaching virtually
The September webinar was The Power of Radio & Sales in the New Normal. As businesses continued to reopen, our jobs as their media partners becomes more and more important. How may we best help them to recover from the results of COVID? OAB Director and GSM, Quinte Broadcasting, Jody Brooker hosted this discussion on the Power of Radio to share ideas for sales staff and learn what reps are doing in different markets to navigate Sales in the New Normal.
A programming webinar held in October featured a panel of four top programmers sharing their tips. Chris Byrnes, President, Byrnes Media; JJ Johnston, President, CEO & Head Talent Coach, JJ International Media & Management Services and Mike McVay, Media Consultant, each shared their Ways PD’s Can Support Their Staff (& Station) in this Covid World. They covered topics like the importance of staying connected with staff, story arc’ing and keeping focussed.