Summer Cruiser Reporters
After a few quiet years on the community events scene, Bayshore Broadcasting has exciting opportunities for Summer Cruiser Reporters in a number of its markets in 2022:
- Max 97.7 (Collingwood/Wasaga Beach)
- 89.1 Max FM (Orillia)
- 97.9 the Bruce (Port Elgin)
- Country 104.9 (Goderich)
- and 560 CFOS/Mix 106.5/Country 93 (Owen Sound)
This is a great job to begin your radio career, or get back into the business if you’ve been away for awhile. Many of the established broadcasters you know started their careers behind the wheel of the summer cruiser!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Attending station events and interacting with listeners, clients and colleagues.
- Maximizing the station’s on-site presence by setting up banners, event signage, and remote booth, tent, radio music system, etc.
- Performing live-to-air cut-ins, social media posts, and MC duties from various community events.
- Conducting contesting and audience engagement opportunities on location.
- Coordinating pre-event directions and stocking prizes and equipment for every event to be attended.
- Possible sampling of third-party products from advertisers at events.
- Preparing a weekend wrap up reports with photos, and upkeep of station promotional gear and vehicles.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Valid Ontario G driver’s license with a clean driving record. (A driver’s abstract will be required.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Must have a flexible schedule, available to work every Friday/Saturday/Sunday and holidays throughout the summer months, plus occasional days during the week.
- Knowledge of leading social media platforms and Microsoft Office suite is required. Familiarity with other design software (Audition, Photoshop, etc.) would be helpful.
- Graduating from or working on a broadcast/journalism diploma is an asset, but not necessary.
- Ability to work well as a team member and independently with minimal supervision; ability to problem solve.
- Must be reliable and punctual.
- Positive attitude, outgoing, and a friendly, personal demeanor with the public.
Are you ready to kick off your life in radio with a summer job you’ll never forget? Send us your resume and cover letter, in confidence, to: email@example.com with the subject line “I want to drive your car!”
Please be sure to specify which of our markets you are interested in working in. We thank all applicants for their interest, and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.