Multimedia News Anchor/Reporter
99.9 The Bay & Country 105 – Thunder Bay, Ontario
Acadia Broadcasting is a growing company with radio stations in Atlantic Canada and Northwestern Ontario. In each of our markets, our company focuses on being the community’s local voice for entertainment, news, and events.
99.9 The Bay and Country 105 in Thunder Bay, Ontario has an exciting full-time opportunity for to join Acadia Broadcasting’s news team. Ideally, you have a diverse set of digital and broadcast journalism skills. Our newsroom moves fast, so reporters must adjust quickly, work well under pressure, and have a demonstrated mastery in social media and multimedia news gathering.
- Excellent news judgment with the ability to make quick decisions about the news of the day.
- In addition to a solid on-air delivery, you are primarily focused on generating local and regional stories for radio and the station web site.
- Your writing is tight. We need stories for broadcast that are 35-40 seconds (with audio) and web stories that are generally 250-450 words.
- You look for multimedia storytelling opportunities while covering events that will enhance our coverage and content across all platforms – radio, web, and social media.
You will work closely and report to the News Director. Here are a few other important skills we are looking for:
- Strong interviewing, writing, and editing skills.
- You are proficient with social media and understand how to distribute content through Facebook/Twitter.
- You don’t leave home or the station without your company issued smartphone and comfortable sending audio back to the station, taking pictures, shooting video and reporting news as it happens.
- Able to establish and maintain positive relationships by attending community meetings, events, and other public appearances.
- Be hard working with a flexible schedule.
- Journalism/digital media diploma, (or equivalent relevant experience).
- Knowledge and experience with industry software like Burli and WideOrbit, which are in use at Acadia stations. Knowledge and experience with similar platforms are helpful.
- A valid driver’s license.
If you have a passion for storytelling and are driven to become a part of the community, we would like to hear from you. We strive to be the best radio station in every market we serve through quality local programming, achieving positive results for advertisers, and rewarding employee excellence.
Please apply with a resume, cover letter and links to a SoundCloud or YouTube demo – HERE.
Acadia Broadcasting is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.