Are you a detail-oriented news hound with a passion for getting it first – and getting it right? Are you social media savvy and comfortable in the council chamber, the courtroom, or the locker room? If your answer is YES, then apply to be a News Reporter for 100.1 True North FM and
MyTrueNorthNow.com with Vista Radio in Yellowknife, NWT.
Why Vista Radio? Well, we pride ourselves on a fresh vision of broadcasting and an unparalleled commitment to its community involvement. Vista Radio is privileged to operate 43 radio stations (and growing) broadcasting across 70+ transmitters located in three Provinces and the Northwest Territories. We are also well connected to our communities with 35 MyTownNow websites.
If you’re a team player, a self-starter, and willing to learn and lead by example, we want to hear from you. We are looking for the right person to join our experienced and passionate news team. Our ideal candidate is comfortable producing content in audio, video, and written forms, and understands the importance of social media and its evolving role in the news cycle.
- Become a part of the community, live, work and play here
- Research and write daily news stories for online and on-air broadcasts
- Manage multiple social media platforms and update as required during the 24-hour news cycle
- Produce news audio and video
- Gather actualities both in the field and by phone for newscasts
- Take part in daily news meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience working full-time in a newsroom or equivalent journalism background
- Strong writing skills for both online and on-air
- Strong on-air delivery
- Ability to meet deadlines in a busy newsroom
- Superior organizational skills
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment both individually and with a team
- Valid driver’s license
- Working familiarity with Adobe Audition, Newsroom, and on-air software is a big-time plus.
Apply online at www.VistaRadio.ca or send your cover letter, resume, audio demo, and writing samples to Managing Editor Michael Lumsden at email@example.com
As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Only applicants that are currently legally authorized to work in Canada will be considered.